I’ve been creating things professionally for the web for 23 years, having worked on a variety of projects from my very first Geocities personal pages to a redesign of Barack Obama’s website.
Currently, I lead the small but mighty Front-End Engineering team at Healthvana, a startup that connects people to their healthcare providers and helps them make well-informed health decisions.
In addition to building out apps and sites for clients, I occasionally work on side projects, give talks, and create curricula.
Things I excel at
- Architecting solutions that perfectly fit the requisitioning team and their available resources
- Communicating across teams with stakeholders of varying levels of technical acumen
- Balancing practicality with code cleanliness, reusability and style to make sure products ship on time without causing developer burnout
- Breaking down complex concepts into easy to understand presentations and lessons
- Making Google Apps Script do amazing things, like act as a database and CMS all in one
- Working remotely, and in specific, knowing when to switch from asynchronous communication like Slack or E-mail to a call to clear up confusion and get things moving
- Having apprope memes and emojis ready for the group chat at a moment’s notice
Tech I reach for on the regular
- Front-end ops tools like Webpack and Babel
Tools I couldn’t live without
- Chrome Developer Tools
- React Dev tools
- Redux Dev tools
- Advanced HTML 5 & CSS 3 for Girl Develop it, 2016
- SVG & Canvas at Chicago HTML5 Meetup
- Taming the Jira Monster, Internal Presentation
- React Error Boundaries, Internal Presentation